This forum explores initiatives and expertise in Data Science education and teaching across UWA at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Data Science is more than expertise in computing and statistics; it reaches across all disciplines our students are enrolled in. Domain areas, the human context, ethics, legal aspects and writing and communication skills are all part of the data science skill sets of the future.
Guest speaker: Dr Eric Van Dusen
Data Science Education Programs, Berkeley
Eric will give presentations on Berkeley’s initiatives and achievements in Data Science education and teaching at Berkeley over the last few years. We will have dedicated sessions with time for discussions and planning on the following:
- The ‘Berkeley’ model and how this could work at UWA.
- Current undergraduate and postgraduate education/teaching at UWA and forward planning.
- Towards Data Science for all first-year students and all PhD students.
- What are the Data Science needs of future students?
- Industry stakeholders and upskilling needs of their staff.
To register for the sessions please first select a date and then select register to see the choice of sessions. Please note that if you register for either of the morning sessions morning tea and lunch will be included. If you register for either of the afternoon sessions afternoon tea will be included.